Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney
The apps that drive these rideshare services encourage drivers to compete, which leads to your driver being distracted by in-app notifications for chances to accept more rides at peak times or by confusing in-app navigation directions.
While most drivers are very safe, you may be paired with a driver with a record for violence, is distracted, stressed, or someone who doesn’t know your area well. Let us get to the bottom of your case and hold at-fault parties responsible for your injuries.
- Inadequate Background Checks
- Incentives & Pressure To Drive More
- Inexperienced Drivers
- Distracted Drivers
- Bad Weather & Poor Road Conditions
- Bad Or Illegal Driving
- Old, Poorly Maintained, Or Dangerous Vehicles
- You Are Hit By Another Car
Uber & Lyft Crash Injuries
Any car accident can be traumatic, one minute you are settling in for a quick trip without the hassles of parking or navigation, the next thing you know, you are in the hospital, in pain, or swamped with calls from insurance adjusters.
It’s hard to prioritize your health when you’re worried about missed work, legal deadlines, and piling up medical bills. With an experienced ride-share accident lawyer on your team, you can focus on what’s really important — healing from your injuries.
- Brain Injuries & Head Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injuries & Paralysis
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Burns & Scarring
- Shoulder, Neck & Back Pain / Whiplash
What To Do After An Accident
Your health should be your first priority after a rideshare car accident. Get the medical care you need as soon as possible. There are other steps you can take to make gathering and protecting valuable evidence easier in the long run.
- Get Medical Help — Call 911 and get the medical attention you need, ASAP.
- Get A Police Report — Wait for the police to arrive and give a statement.
- Get Driver Information — Name, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Get Witness Contact Information
- Take Pictures / Video Of Injuries & Damages
- Call An Uber & Lyft Car Accident Attorney
Whose Insurance Pays?
If Uber and Lyft drivers are independent contractors, who is responsible for an accident? From the time the driver accepts your ride in the app — and you enter the Uber or Lyft driver’s car — until you are dropped off, the rideshare company’s liability insurance covers you.
- This usually includes uninsured and under-insured motorist injury coverage up to $1 million. Policies also include contingent collision and comprehensive coverage for property damages.
- Driver’s App Is Switched Off — the driver’s personal car accident insurance.
- App Is On With No Passenger — the driver’s insurance is primary, and the rideshare company’s liability insurance is secondary.
- App Is On With Passengers & Ride Accepted — the rideshare company’s liability insurance coverage increases.
Maryland’s Rideshare Injury Laws
It’s important to hire a personal injury attorney experienced with Uber and Lyft accidents in Maryland. You don’t want your claim to be rejected or your compensation reduced because your legal team is unfamiliar with the local laws regarding TCNs and rideshare car accidents.
You have three years to file your rideshare accident claim from the day you become injured.
- Contributory Negligence — you may not be eligible to collect damages if you are found responsible.
- Types Of Compensation — You may be able to claim both economic and non-economic damages.
- Rideshare Insurance — If you have Allstate, Erie, Farmers, GEICO, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, or USAA car insurance in Maryland, you may have access to rideshare insurance.
- Regulation — The Maryland Public Service Commission (MPSC) can regulate rideshare companies operating in the state.
- Licensing — All drivers must meet state licensing requirements.
Uber Injury Accident Claims
There’s no one-size-fits-all amount assigned to these types of injuries. The compensation you can get after an Uber accident will depend on how bad your injuries are, who’s responsible, and how you have been impacted or will be impacted. We will help you explore all potential avenues for compensation.
- Property Damage
- Medical Expenses
- Ongoing Care
- Lost Earnings
- Loss Of Earnings Capacity
- Pain & Suffering
- Mental Anguish
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Whether you are an injured driver, passenger, or pedestrian, you don’t have to fight rideshare companies or insurance adjusters alone. As your personal injury attorneys, we will take care of the complicated paperwork and time-sensitive processes associated with filing your car accident claim.
- Collect Time-Sensitive Evidence
- Determine Who’s At Fault & Negligence
- Handle Insurance Companies While You Heal
- Make Sure You Get Maximum Compensation
- Navigate The Complicated Legal System
File Your Maryland Rideshare Accident Claim Today
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare-related accident, contact the Uber and Lyft lawyers at Greenblatt & Veliev for a free case evaluation. We also help people with motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, and commercial accidents. Our Rockville area legal team of personal injury attorneys look forward to helping you take this first step in obtaining the settlement you deserve