Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
When you find the trust you’ve placed in an elder care facility has resulted in injury or neglect, the nursing home abuse attorneys at Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC in Rockville, MD, are here to help you find justice. Finding that a spouse, a parent, or other family member has suffered at the hands of the ones entrusted with their well-being can be devastating.
Let our personal injury law office hold the negligent parties responsible and get you compensated.
Where Can Nursing Home Abuse Happen?
Nursing homes aren’t the only places seniors can get hurt. Assisted living communities, memory care facilities, palliative care units, and hospice care homes are all charged with keeping our vulnerable loved ones safe and as healthy as possible during their later years.
Elder Care Facility & Group Home Injuries
Even if you don’t see bruises or bleeding, mistreatment can be happening. There are many types of nursing home abuse, from theft to isolation to intimidation. Seniors who are being ill-treated may feel afraid to report it, especially if they are being threatened or are asked in front of the abuser. You may need to ask questions away from management or staff members to get the truth.
- Physical Abuse — Hitting, Shaking, Or Unnecessary Restraint
- Medical Malpractice Or Medications Mismanagement
- Neglect Or Inadequate Supervision
- Emotional Abuse — Intimidating, Threatening, Or Terrorizing
- Sexual Abuse — Any Unwanted Sexual Conduct
- Financial Abuse — Misuse Or Stealing Money & Assets
- Wrongful Death
Signs Of Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
Knowing what to look for can help you spot abuse and seek help on behalf of your senior family member. Take note of anything that seems out of the ordinary, whether it’s mystery bruises, unexplained falls, weight loss, or dirty clothes.
- Changes In Personality Or Mood
- Fear, Depression, Or Hopelessness
- Poor Hygiene
- Unexplained Injuries
- Bed Sores
- Weight Loss
What Should You Do If You Suspect Elder Abuse?
If you do suspect elder abuse, there are steps you can take. If you find out physical threats or assaults are taking place, call 9-1-1 for immediate help. Be sure to consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
- Do Your Best To Stay Calm
- Notify Facility Managers
- Speak Privately With Your Loved One
- Keep Careful Records
- Contact State Senior Safety Agencies
- Consult With A Maryland Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Nursing Home Injury Laws In Maryland
Laws regarding long-term care, nursing homes, protecting vulnerable adults, and institutional abuse have all been put in place to protect senior residents in long-term care facilities. Maryland also provides protective programs and resources where you can report elder abuse: The Office of Health Care Quality, Adult Protective Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman, and Maryland Department of Aging.
How Can A Maryland Nursing Home Lawyer Help?
Sifting through the fine print and knowing who to contact can be confusing even at the best of times. An experienced nursing home abuse lawyer can help you make informed choices. You don’t have to do this alone.
- Ensure your loved one is safe.
- Hold responsible parties accountable.
- Uncover evidence and witness testimony.
- File your elder abuse claim.
- Settle or take your case to court.
- Get you and your loved one compensated.
Compensation You Might Be Eligible For
- Mental & Emotional Distress
- Pain & Suffering
- Loss Of Consortium
- Medical Bill Reimbursement
- Funeral Costs In The Event Of Wrongful Death
Where Was Your Loved One Hurt?
According to the Maryland Department of Aging, an estimated 5 million seniors are abused, neglected, or exploited each year, and 93% of these cases go unreported. Just because you assume your loved one is living in a safe facility doesn’t mean maltreatment can’t happen.
Whether you’re in Montgomery County, Frederick County, Prince George’s County, or the surrounding areas, we can help you file a claim against any local nursing home.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
Stop the suffering and get the legal help you deserve. Contact Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC in Rockville, MD, for a free evaluation of your nursing home abuse case today.