Criminal Defense Lawyer
At Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC, our criminal law practice group wants to help you in Rockville, MD. Our attorneys represent individuals at all levels of the court. We are dedicated to guiding your criminal case to the best outcome possible through in-depth trial preparation and a commitment to fighting for you each day in the courtroom.
Let Us Fight For You
Under Investigation? Arrested? Don’t go it alone. We can fight for you in a variety of criminal court cases and against charges that have the potential to follow you for the rest of your life.
- Bench Warrants
- Conspiracy Charges
- Criminal Witness
- Disorderly Conduct
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Charges — Possession, Manufacturing & Distribution
- DUI, DWI & Reckless Driving
- Fake ID
- Federal Crimes
- Fraud, Identity Theft & Computer Crimes
- Grand Jury Investigations
- Homicide, Gun Charges & Violent Crimes
- Reckless Endangerment
- Robbery, Theft & Burglary
- Security Clearance
- Sex Crimes — Rape, Sexual Assault, & Sexual Abuse
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
Our Lead Criminal Attorney
Virginia Vile Tehrani is the lead criminal attorney at our firm. She is a skilled and passionate trial attorney who has tried hundreds of cases and represented thousands of clients over 14 years. She started her legal practice in Virginia, both as a prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney.
Virginia is licensed to practice in Maryland, Virginia, and D.C. and the United States District Court in Maryland. She has tried civil plaintiff’s injury cases and criminal cases, including murder, drug, rape, assault, DUI/DWI, and traffic.
Virginia’s legal excellence extends to her academic studies. She excelled in her legal education, graduating summa cum laude from Middle Tennessee State University with a B.A. in Political Science. She attended the College of William & Mary School of Law, graduating in 2005.
Virginia also obtained an L.L.M. (Masters of Law) in Litigation and Dispute Resolution from the George Washington University School of Law. She graduated with this specialized degree with Highest Honors, achieving a 4.2 GPA.
Virginia Has Been Honored As A Super Lawyer
The Super Lawyer honorific is given to outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- “Top 40 Under 40” attorneys, 2019: Maryland Super Lawyers
- “Super Lawyer Rising Star”, 2019: Washington D.C. Super Lawyers
- The Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association Award, 2005: Given through the William & Mary College of Law to the graduating student best exemplifying the attributes of an effective trial lawyer
- The Lawrence W. I’Anson Award, 2005, from the William & Mary College of Law: Given to a law school graduate who has shown evidence of great promise through scholarship, character, and leadership
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Maryland State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- C. Bar Association
- United States Federal Bar of Maryland
The Stakes Are High; Protect Your Rights
We understand the stakes are high. In addition to fines and imprisonment, criminal charges can follow you for the rest of your life — affecting your relationships, job opportunities, finances, and reputation.
We will design a defense strategy that considers the big picture — including your unique personal circumstances, defends your rights, and minimizes the impact of these criminal charges on your life today and going forward.
- Fines, Jail Time & Prison Sentences
- Probation & Loss of Professional License
- Treatment Programs
- Community Service
- Lost Relationships & Reputation
- Lost Employment Opportunities
- Lost Educational Opportunities
- Lost Financial Loan Opportunities
- Lost Immigration Status
- Lost Security Clearance
- Lost Child Custody
Fighting Your Criminal Case
Our approach aims to level the playing field to give you a strong voice in court. We aggressively attack every case, analyzing each one from every single angle. Committed to obtaining optimal results for you, we always provide high-quality legal resources to achieve the most favorable outcome possible in every criminal case.
Get A Free Criminal Case Evaluation In Rockville
At Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC, we know how hard it is for you to choose your criminal lawyer. We offer flexible scheduling and will come to you if you cannot travel to our Rockville area offices. To arrange a no-hassle, free consultation to learn how our experience can help you, contact us today. Our attorneys answer the phone 24 hours a day, seven days