Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Criminal Defense
- Wrongful Death
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- George Washington University School of Law, District of Columbia; L.L.M. in Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- College of William & Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia; J.D.
- Middle Tennessee State University; Majors: Political Science and French
Virginia Vile Tehrani is a skilled and passionate trial attorney who has tried hundreds of cases and represented thousands of clients for over 16 years. She has fought for victims in both the civil and criminal arenas, including serving as a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. She has also invested strongly in aspiring attorneys by teaching classes at the University of Tennessee School of Law and the College of William & Mary School of Law, where she also coached mock trial teams.
As a top litigator, Ms. Tehrani has received the preeminent honors of being selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in personal injury law in Maryland and D.C. for 2021 and in D.C. for 2020. The Super Lawyer Rising Star honor is given to outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. This award is only given to 2.5% or less of attorneys in each state. Ms. Tehrani was also selected as one of the Top 40 under 40 attorneys in Maryland for 2021 for personal injury law and for 2020 in criminal defense.
These honors and awards compliment Virginia’s graduation awards from the College of William & Mary School of Law, where she received the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Trial Advocacy Award upon graduation, and from Middle Tennessee State University, where she graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in political science. Ms. Tehrani also obtained an L.L.M. (Masters of Law) in Litigation and Dispute Resolution, graduating with Highest Honors from the George Washington University School of Law.
Ms. Tehrani is licensed to practice law in Maryland, Virginia, D.C., and the United States District Court in Maryland. She is currently the president of the Professional Networking Alliance, located in central Maryland.
In addition to the practice of law, Virginia started college as a concert pianist and has also owned and operated a bakery. She is now married, has two sons, and continues to enjoy baking and playing piano in her free time.
- Read Virginia’s Articles
- Assessing Trump’s potential legal fallout for Capitol riot and Georgia election phone call | CBC News
- Lawyers for capital murder defendant want more details
- Woman denied bond in death
- Hearing in overdose death case set
- Man gets 18 months for knife incident, making bomb threat
- Man sentenced to 30 years in prison on child porn charges
- Alleged would-be bank robber deemed mentally competent for trial
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, MD, Personal Injury General – Plaintiff, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, D.C., Personal Injury General – Plaintiff, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, D.C., Personal Injury General – Plaintiff, 2020
- Top 40 under 40, Selected in Maryland Criminal Defense, 2020
- Top 40 under 40, Maryland Personal Injury Litigation, 2021
- Leadership Montgomery Emerging Leaders Class of 2021
- Top 40 under 40, Maryland Criminal Defense, 2019
- The Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association Award, 2005, through the William & Mary College of Law for the graduating student best exemplifying the attributes of an effective trial lawyer
- The Lawrence W. I’Anson Award, 2005, from the William & Mary College of Law, for a law school graduate who has shown evidence of great promise through scholarship, character, and leadership
Professional associations and memberships
- Maryland State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- D.C. Bar Association
- United States Federal Bar of Maryland