Germantown, MD – Several Hurt in Auto Wreck on Ridge Rd near Hoffman Dr & Hawkes Rd
Germantown, MD (January 23, 2022) – At around 11:20 p.m., on January 21, the Montgomery County Police Department and firefighters in Germantown were called to a crash in the 23800 block of Ridge Road.
According to the police, three vehicles collided on Ridge Road near Hoffman Drive during the evening. The crash blocked several lanes between Hoffman and Hawkes Road.
Entrapment was reported. However, firefighters were not required to remove anyone from their vehicles. Several injured patients were provided care at the scene by medics with the Montgomery County Fire Rescue Services EMS. Medical personnel transported injured victims who required further assistance to local hospitals.
The Montgomery County police are currently conducting investigations.
We hope the victims who were injured in the crash are able to make a full and timely recovery.
Car Accidents in MarylandAround 12 accidents take place every hour in the state of Maryland. These add up to more than 100,000 traffic-related incidents occurring during each calendar year. These crashes are often contributed to some type of negligent act performed by motorists while operating their vehicles. This includes:
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving actions include speeding, running stop signs, passing red lights, and failing to yield to other motorists. Although many people consider aggressive driving behavior to be reckless as well. These drivers raise the chances of causing crashes.
- Fatigued Driving: Being too tired to operate a vehicle can be just as dangerous as driving drunk or high. People who lack sleep and operate their vehicles may have delayed reaction times and may find it challenging to control their vehicles.
- Driving Impaired: The state of Maryland has a legal blood alcohol level of 0.08% or below. However, there are many drivers who travel throughout Montgomery County and across the state well above the legal limit. Driving while high on drugs is also incredibly dangerous.
Germantown Personal Injury LawyersOur Germantown personal injury lawyers at Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC will help you get the money you need for various costs you face. For more than six decades, we have helped victims obtain compensation for:
- Lost wages: If you have to take time off work for your injuries, you are entitled to compensation equal to the amount of lost wages you accrued.
- Medical costs: Whether you have to go through surgery or months of therapy, we will fight to make sure you get every dime owed to you for your medical expenses.
- Vehicle repairs: We want you back on the road as soon as possible. Our lawyers will help you get money to cover the costs to repair or replace your vehicle.
Note: Our writers used secondary sources when writing this accident news post. These sources include but are not limited to local news sources, local and state police reports, social media posts, and eyewitness accounts about accidents that take place in and around Maryland. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident, therefore, if you find any information that is not correct, please contact Greenblatt & Veliev, LLC immediately so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. We will remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: We hope that our readers will slow down and use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle in an effort to reduce accidents in Maryland. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at this accident scene.